From Menominee, Michigan, USA:

I have been having problems with my blood test meter. I have to test my blood 3-4 times to get one reading. When you have to check your blood sugars 6-9 times per day that gets a little expensive. I am seriously considering switching my type of monitor.

Please talk to your diabetes educator or diabetes care provider to check your technique while doing blood sugars and to see if there is a problem with your meter. One drop, if of adequate size, and placed properly on the machine should be all you need. There are many meters on the market, and when working properly and used properly, should only require the one finger poke to get a drop of blood. If there is a problem with the meter, you can talk to the manufacturer (phone number on the back of the meter) and they will likely replace the meter for you.

Additional comments from The Editor:

I suggest that you talk to your diabetes team about new blood test meters. Several companies have meters that require very little blood, which might help you.