From Brunico, Alto Adige, Italy:

I'm a mother of a 14 year old boy who was diagnosed 6 years ago with Type 1. I've read in the newspaper about Actus which is supposed to be a good help for diabetes. Please could you explain me what that is?

I think you are talking about "Actos", or pioglitazone. This is a new drug for Type 2 diabetes that will be available in the US later this year and is a member of the group of drugs that is called insulin sensitizers, like Rezulin. That means it makes your own insulin work better at the cell level. It only works for people who are insulin resistant and therefore, will not be of help to your son.

Posted to Medications: Pills for Diabetes