From Florida, USA:

I am a 38 year old female and have a six year old with diabetes. I have hypothyroidism and take thyroid pills daily. Today I was having the shakes and felt "low". I checked my blood sugar and it was only 65. Should I be concerned and have this checked out? My daughter thinks I have diabetes now. Or is this just a normal thing that sometimes happens?

Probably it's a normal thing. But low sugars might occasionally be an early warning for diabetes, so it wouldn't hurt to (1) get onto a diabetic meal plan that might help with the low sugars as well as potential high sugars and to set a good example for your daughter, and (2) get blood sugar testing under the occasional circumstances of super-stress (such as an acute illness with fever) the next time it happens to occur to you, to see if there's any tendency for high sugars (diabetes).

Posted to Thyroid and Diagnosis and Symptoms