Question:

From London:

I have had Type 1 diabetes for two years. I have been doing my injections in my legs and they are getting very swollen. I don't know what to do, as it is not very easy to inject in your arms and when I do it in my stomach, it bleeds.

Answer:

Could you meet with a diabetes educator or nurse or doctor who could help you with your injection sites and injection technique? There are ways to use your arm by yourself, by leaning against a chair or door to lift up the skin. If you do use the same injection area too much, you are likely to get lipo hypertrophy. Have you tried the upper outer area of your buttocks?

LM