Question:

From Kentucky, USA:

We found out that my 8 year old brother had diabetes about a year ago. They haven't been able to get it under control yet. Could you tell me if there is anywhere on the web that I could sign up for a newsletter that could be mailed to my mother so she can get more information on these disease? Anything free would be good.

Answer:

Children with Diabetes has several e-mail mailing lists, including one for parents, but no print newsletters. Your local JDF Chapter and ADA Affiliate should have a newsletter that they mail out periodically.

There are also several excellent brochures from the ADA and the JDF that offer a good introduction to diabetes in kids. See: Brochures.

JSH