Question:

From the United Kingdom:

My friend has Type 1 diabetes. She is complaining of tiredness a lot and occasionally she gets chest pains. Should I be worried about this?

Answer:

It depends on how old your friend is. A lot also depends on whether she has been in control of her diabetes.

If your friend is young (under 20), and is a lot more tired than usual, it may be worth advising her to check her thyroid to make sure it is not underactive. It's easily done with a simple blood test. If she is older, then it could potentially be more serious and she should be checked over by her doctor.

JS