Question:

From Web TV:

I would like some information on diabetes and women's issues.

Answer:

The best source I've found on women and diabetes is Lois Jovonovic-Peterson. She has written books on the subject that my patients have really liked.

KS

Additional comments from Lynn Wilson, diabetes nurse specialist:

I don't have anything specific to send you, but I know the gender separate issues are out there. Each summer at our teen camp (grades 8-12) we have separate sessions where we discuss sex/drugs/rock and roll with the kids -- the guys have a discussion regarding their fears of impotence plus any other issues of concern, and the girls talk about pregnancy, dieting, etc.

LW

[Editor's comment: One book you might try is The Diabetic Woman. JSH]

DTQ-DM19990203