From Tennessee, USA:

My daughter has had diabetes for 1 1/2 years. Her doctor just put her on 3 shots a day: 10U/3H at breakfast, 4H at lunch, 10U/3H at supper. Before this change, her blood sugar levels were up and down. Do you think this new method will make a difference? Her doctor thinks she is too young for a pump.

I expect you were seeing too many high blood sugars at supper time and thus the Humalog at lunch. I would suggest you read the great material here on Children with Diabetes regarding insulin pumps in children. There is some controversy about which children are appropriate candidates and at what age to begin kids on pumps. You can decide for your own particular child and situation what might be best for your and yours.