From New Jersey, USA:

I am recently diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes. I am searching for diet information and carb and sugar counters. I would like info on how many if any grams of sugar you can have per day, and just want foods are okay to eat and how many calories can a Type 2 person have per day. I need to lose 30 pounds.

Since Type 2 diabetes involves a problem with the effectiveness of insulin rather than not producing enough insulin, I believe less sugar in the diet will help you lose weight. Fruits and vegetables and breads, cereals and milk have carbohydrate as well sugar and sugar products. The exact amount of carbohydrate is not dictated. The diet should be designed to meet your lifestyle and your health needs. I would recommend you have a talk with a dietitian who is familiar with Type 2 diabetes to help you set some goals.