Question:

From Center, Texas, USA:

I have a child that is 6 years old. I went to one doctor and they told me that his blood sugar was too high. She then referred me to another doctor, and she said that his sugar was too low. She then has referred me to a specialist. The second doctor checked his sugar and it was 138, so I then checked it with my monitor and it only read 45. Could it be my monitor? All the readings I have checked have been between 40 to 60, sometimes less than 40. This is in the morning before he eats or drinks anything.

Answer:

I can see why you are confused but you haven't told us why your son is being assaulted by all these people to measure his blood sugars. The only thing that you should know is that blood sugar meters are not as reliable as formal laboratory testing.

I hope they make up their minds soon as to what his problem is.