From Michigan, USA:

My daughter had been ill for about 2 1/2 - 3 weeks. Her pediatrician did a test on her urine to determine if she had a urinary tract infection. They found sugar in her urine, but her blood sugar was normal (75 after fasting). She told me that this may be a physiological condition or just an isolated incident from her illness. We'll be doing spot checks on her urine and blood in the next few months. There is a history for diabetes in my husband's family. Also, when I was pregnant I had a condition that my obstetrician called "Insulin Resistance." This caused me to deliver large babies (my daughter was 10lbs 12ozs at 39 weeks and son 7lbs 6oz at 35 1/2 weeks); however, both kids were born with symptoms of undetected Gestational Diabetes.

Is this a precursor to diabetes? Also, her pediatrician mentioned a rare condition that may cause these symptoms, however, I cannot remember the name.

Your daughter is certainly at higher risk for diabetes. I'd rely upon your spot checks in the next months and compare her values to Guidelines for the Diagnosis of Diabetes. If her tests remain borderline, I'll go to screening for autoantibodies to check for Type 1 diabetes.