Question:

From United States Virgin Islands:

I am a 17 year old non-overweight, white male. I recently have been experiencing many of the symptoms of having diabetes for about a week (fatigue, nausea, frequent urination, and blurred vision from time to time). I was going to go get tested at the doctor's office when the night before I began getting a very low grade fever (about 99-100) and a little cough. I was wondering if the fever can be associated with diabetes, or if my immune system could have just been low and I got a cold.

Answer:

See your doctor or health care provider right away!

In answer to your question about fever, it is not a usual sign of diabetes. However, if you are sick, you may need more insulin, and if you are developing diabetes, the signs may appear or worsen during the illness.

LM