From Salem, New Hampshire, USA:

I have heard that an extract from the Citrosa plant (Pelargonium citrosum, a geranium that contains citronella oil) is used in Lebanon in the treatment of diabetes. Are there any known benefits? If so, Type 1 or 2?

I have not heard of that one, but I would be very cautious. Are there controlled studies which have been done on the use of this extract in diabetes?

I would need more information and to know if it has been tried in patients with diabetes in a controlled clinical study before I could say proceed with caution.

Posted to Alternative Therapies and Explanations