Question:

From Connecticut, USA:

We will be traveling at the end of the month to Ireland with my five year old daughter who has diabetes. Do you have any knowledge about how Type 1 diabetes is treated in Ireland as opposed to in the United States? She is five years old and on the pump.

Answer:

Childhood diabetes is managed very similarly in Ireland to the US. However, I am confident that they have as little pump experience as we do in the UK. The reason for this is partly financial. However, the principles of insulin therapy are the same.

Posted to Traveling and Insulin Pumps