From a physician in Manchester, United Kingdom:

Our 6 year old daughter has type 1 diabetes (since age 4). We are keen to explore whether better control could be achieved with a pump. Through you excellent site, we teamed up with a same age US-resident "twin", who is now doing far better with a pump. Are there any physicians in the UK with experience of pumps in this age group that we could seek advice from, please?

At the moment, there are no physicians, to my knowledge, with active experience of using pumps in children in the UK. A major reason for this is the cost of this method of treatment with pumps costing around £5000. Hopefully, there will be some opportunities to trial some pump products, but I don't see them becoming very popular here for financial reasons.

Posted to Insulin Pumps