From Idaho, USA:

I was told that cold insulin can cause scar tissue when injected. I have always stored insulin in the refrigerator for my 8 1/2 year old daughter. What is your advice? We roll the syringes/pens to warm and make sure they are mixed well.

Room temperature insulin often feels more comfortable when injected than cold insulin. Many patients do give their insulin directly from the refrigerator and have no complaints or problems with hypertrophy. If you keep the insulin at room temperature, replace the bottle monthly. Don't let the insulin freeze or be over 85 degrees F.