From California, USA:

I was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes seven years ago. I am 56 years old. I was wondering if there has been any documentation about stress related high blood sugars causing emotional problems. I seem to get very agitated and my brain doesn't seem to function very well. My emotions are rampant and I am not myself. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many people have higher blood glucose levels when they are stressed, and some people get low from extreme stress. But I think what you are describing is the extreme reactions to stress that you are having because your blood sugar is out of control. Most people notice that molehills become mountains when their blood sugar is out of control. Getting your blood sugars into goal range will probably help your stress level a lot!

Posted to Hyperglycemia and DKA and Stress