From South Bend, Indiana, USA:

My son has diabetes. He is 9 years old and does a super job with it. He has been living with diabetes now for 7 years. I would like to send him to a camp for kids with diabetes but he is not so sure he wants to. Do I make him?

I don't believe in "making" kids go to diabetes camp; it can backfire on you. However, I do think camp would be fabulous for any child with diabetes. It decreases the sense of isolation and provides tools for everyday coping. Have you spoken with other moms of kids with diabetes? Perhaps if a peer told your son about camp, it might be helpful.