From Toronto, Ontario, Canada:

I'm a fourteen year old Type 1 diabetic. I developed diabetes 8 months ago. Until recently, I had really good control. My dinner blood sugars are consistently high. I have been adjusting my N dose to try and lower them, but they are still high. I've recently started checking my blood at the insulin's 'peaking time' and it is from 10 - 13 mmol. I'm not sick or am experiencing that I can tell would cause this to happen and I'm a very active person who participates in many sports. Can you give me any explanation or tips that I could use to try and control my dinner sugars?

You haven't had diabetes for very long and your recent deterioration in control may be because you have come out of the honeymoon phase. Now is a good time to go over your diet, sports program, and insulin regimen with your diabetes team.

Posted to Honeymoon and Daily Care