Question:

From London, England:

My daughter is 30 months old and was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes a year ago at 18 months. Are there any trials going on in the UK that we could participate in? I have a son of 7 and am expecting my third child soon. Unlike the States, there does not seem to be any forum for toddlers with diabetes. Can you help?

Answer:

Contact the British Diabetic Association at:

10 Queen Anne Street
London W1M 0BD
Tel 0171 323 1531
Web http://www.diabetes.org.uk/bda.htm

There are many studies going on but you will need to speak to your own diabetes team about local initiatives. The BDA has a number of local branches, many of which have events for toddlers.

Posted to Research: Other and Social Issues: Community Resources