From London, England:

My daughter is 30 months old and was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes a year ago at 18 months. Are there any trials going on in the UK that we could participate in? I have a son of 7 and am expecting my third child soon. Unlike the States, there does not seem to be any forum for toddlers with diabetes. Can you help?

Contact the British Diabetic Association at:

10 Queen Anne Street
London W1M 0BD
Tel 0171 323 1531

There are many studies going on but you will need to speak to your own diabetes team about local initiatives. The BDA has a number of local branches, many of which have events for toddlers.

Posted to Research: Other and Social Issues: Community Resources