From Marblehead, Ohio, USA:

I have made my daughter sugar-free candy. She is 11 years old, type 1. It says that it contains Maltitol. I know that regular chocolate she can have 1 ounce to count as one, but how much can she have if it is sugar-free?

Without knowing the actual carbohydrate content of the food, I would say 1 ounce of it would count as 1 carb, but watch out for the side effects of sugar alcohol, as is what is used in this candy. It can and will cause severe gassiness and diarrhea. We usually suggest just using regular candies and eating a smaller amount.