From Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA:

Do you recommend that diabetics take Vitamin E? I heard it may decrease the risk of atherosclerosis.

Vitamin E has antioxidant properties and as such can protect cells of the body from the damage of free radicals that are generated during diabetes, aging and other processes such as atherosclerosis. Trials with vitamin E are currently underway in prediabetes to halt the ongoing autoimmune process which is directed towards beta cell destruction.

I'd suggest you ask your doctor for specific advice for your situation.

Posted to Complications and Meal Planning, Food and Diet