From Los Alamos, New Mexico, USA:

Some of the news coverage of Kosovo has focused on conditions of the refugees and the health care being given in the camps. As a Type 1, I find it hard to imaging surviving such an ordeal even long enough to make to the relative safety of the camps. Is there any information about what happens with diabetics in such refugee circumstances?

I agree with you and we should do our best to alleviate their conditions. I'm aware that some of the nurses of the Italian Red Cross acting in the former Yugoslavia have been recently organizing, among the various activities, some facilities for local diabetic patients. Progetto Diabete, an Italian website, is collecting materials (meters, strips, syringes, etc.) to help them.