Question:

Not too long ago I received an e-mail from an unknown user that offered me some "pills" that supposedly help a child keep glucose levels down close to normal. Is there such a pill?

Answer:

Type 1 diabetes is treated with insulin. Type 2 often may be treated with "pills". Your doctor is in charge of this. Ask him what type of diabetes your child has. Most have type 1, but we are seeing more and more of type 2.

As to unsolicited "pills:" It would seem likely somebody's out to take your money since we all hope for a magical "cure". Watch out.

Posted to Alternative Therapies and Explanations