From California, USA:

My son was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes at age 11, and just turned 20 this past week. We have learned ever so much thanks to our diabetes team and thankfully no bad turns in the past 11 years. I would like to know if there are any organizations locally that are looking for volunteers.

Both the Juvenile Diabetes Foundation and American Diabetes Association have chapters throughout the United States, and probably in your area, and would welcome help with their fundraising walks and events.

In many areas there are Children's Hospitals with diabetes programs that have support groups, outings, events and parties.