My 10 year old son with diabetes experiences rebounds in the afternoons. I feel this is because of his inability to recognize low blood sugar condition. Could you please send me some information?

Blood glucose awareness testing is a useful program. Try to guess glucoses and then test. If you find yourself low, write down all the feelings. You might be surprised that you find a pattern. Also remember that lows beget lows, that is, you tend to have another low after the first one, often more severe.