From Edison, New Jersey, USA:

My 25 year old son was diagnosed about 2 years ago with Type 1 diabetes. He is an apprentice golf professional and having difficulty controlling his blood sugar. He is wondering if an insulin pump would be beneficial for him. He is concerned about placement of the pump as the physical action of the golf swing would probably impact upon the security of the pump placement.

An insulin pump sounds like a good choice to me. Many athletes use them quite successfully. It will make life easier during tournaments, etc. I don't personally know of any pro golfers but you might try contacting the International Diabetic Athletes Association (1647-B West Bethany Home Road, Phoenix, AZ 85015, (800) 898-IDAA or (602) 433-2113). Their website is

Posted to Insulin Pumps and Exercise and Sports