Question:

From California, USA:

My diabetic thirteen year old daughter got the flu last autumn and has been vomiting ever since. She has been diagnosed with gastroparesis. Is this a common malady of young diabetics? No one has been able to tell me why she hasn't got this. She has diabetes for almost four years and has maintained pretty good control.

Answer:

Gastroparesis is not common in 13 year old patients and especially with only 4 years diabetes. I would want to be sure this isn't bulimia, an eating disorder. I'd wonder if there's any chance of depression, stress, etc.