Question:

From Palm Harbor, Florida:

My nine year old son had a very low sugar level at birth. I have noticed over the past few months he has come down with a lot of headaches whenever he has a late dinner or misses a afternoon snack when he comes home from school. Often times when he does have a headache it is usually followed by nausea and vomiting. I've monitored this and it usually happens whenever his diet is interrupted and I was wondering if this could be a symptom of diabetes.

Answer:

I think this is very unlikely. Headaches are common in children his age. Migraine is a possibility that you should discuss with your son's paediatrician.