From Bloomington, Minnesota, USA:

I am 65 years old. I was diagnosed with diabetes Type 2 four years ago. Since that time I have lost 40 pounds, from 155 to 115. I control my carbohydrate intake. I take Glucophage [metformin, a pill for Type 2 diabetes]. My blood sugar levels continue to rise and my endocrinologist seems puzzled. My blood sugar readings now are almost always over 200. Should I be concerned?

Of course you should. You should ask for a proper diabetes consultation to see what your average metabolic control is like, as judged by HbA1c level and lipid levels, and whether you need a different kind of therapy, either additional pills or even insulin, to improve your daily blood sugar levels.

Posted to Type 2