Question:

From Virginia Beach, Virginia, USA:

My brother is 17. He was diagnosed with diabetes last year. He can't keep his blood sugar from being high. The problem is his diet: he's a fussy eater; he don't like any vegetables except corn. Do you have any suggestions?

Answer:

He will have to decide if it is important to him to keep his blood sugars in control. It is not always easy to follow a meal plan but it is the best way to keep blood sugars in check. I suggest you keep supporting him and encourage him to talk to his dietitian in order to develop a meal plan he can more easily follow.

JM