From Washington, DC, USA:

I have a friend with diabetes who has been struggling with weight problems his entire life. I was wondering if you could direct me to any resources for youth with diabetes dealing specifically with weight control and even obesity issues. Thank you very much -- I look forward to your response

There are no great treatments. A lot comes down to the old equation that if you take in more energy than you expend, the surplus is stored as fat. Good activity programs are probably the best way to weight control, along with a controlled diet.

Posted to Weight and Weight Loss