From Texas, USA:

My 16 year old daughter was diagnosed with diabetes several weeks ago. Her doctor had to rerun 2 of 3 tests that he had ordered while she was in the hospital that will tell us if she has Type 1 or Type 2. All of this is still very new to us. I am almost certain that my child is lactose intolerant. How much does this affect her blood sugar levels and the way insulin works for her?

Lactose intolerance will not affect the action of insulin. If she is lactose intolerant and has malabsorption of ingested lactose, her blood sugar control may be erratic depending on how much lactose is absorbed and how much is lost through diarrhea. It is simple to use Lactaid products which provide the enzyme lactase which is deficient and which is necessary to digest lactose.