From Kentucky, USA:

I have a 1 year old daughter. I had gestational diabetes and my father was diagnosed around the age of 15 months old with juvenile diabetes. He passed away at the age of 38 after several transplants.

I am concerned that my daughter may have symptoms of diabetes. She urinates a lot causing her diaper to leak. Also she drinks a lot. But she doesn't really eat food. She prefers liquid (formula or juice). Her sugar has not been tested since she was born and with diabetes being a big part of our family history (my father, grandfather, great aunt and others) shouldn't her doctor check her often because of our family history? Also I was wondering what her sugar should be if I test her myself? What other symptoms do babies show? Should I be concerned?

I would suggest you bring your daughter to her pediatrician to have her urine checked for glucose.