From Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA:

Do you ever find people who do better on Regular than Humalog? I have been Type I for 30 years, but I seem to "run out" of insulin during the day, when on Humalog and Ultralente. There is no coverage for any snacks, etc.

I suppose some people might do better with Regular than Humalog -- usually people who have a little delayed gastric emptying so that their blood glucose rise from the meal matches the Regular curve better than the Humalog curve. The Humalog coverage very closely matches the normal glucose rise from a normal meal. I am concerned that what you describing is not delayed emptying but that your doses aren't adjusted right. The snacks you were started on 30 years ago were designed to help you with the excess insulin that NPH and Regular provided in the usual regimen. Now that we have better insulins, you don't have to have a snack with Humalog and Ultralente: but if you want to eat a snack, you should probably cover it with Humalog. Also, you may not have enough Ultralente in the background.