Question:

From Santa Ana, California, USA:

My grandson, age 16, has had diabetes for 4 years. Now he has an eating disorder (bulimea) which is throwing his blood sugar level way off. Recently, his behavior has really been thrown off. We have searched for answers of how to deal with these two issues together. There does not seem to be answers out there for this combination.

Answer:

Bulimea in males is not common and thus the lack of data. I would think the best approach would be to find an eating disorders clinic in his area and seek their assistance. Aside from the clear dangers of diabetes out of control, eating disorders can have lethal side effects all their own!

CMB

Posted to Behavior