From New South Wales, Australia:

What research has been done on long term effects of diabetes? I've had diabetes for 30 years this year -- insulin dependent -- and have no kidney, eye, circulation or other damage. What can I expect in the next 30 years?

Congratulations! Your overall risk for future chronic complications is actually very low if you have managed your diabetes so well over the last 30 years as to not have any complications. If you are interested enough you can read about recent long term studies on this topic such as DCCT (about Type 1 diabetes) and the UKPDS (about Type 2 diabetes).