From Gaithersberg, Maryland, USA:

My 4 1/2 years old's blood sugar goes low rapidly overnight and I don't understand why. We have to get up at 2 A.M. to check her sugar level to make sure she is within the range. What should we do to keep it outside danger zone all through the night?

I will assume your daughter is on mixtures of insulin in the evening. If so, are you giving your daughter the dose of NPH at bedtime in order to avoid the waning of insulin overnight with consequent rising of blood sugar after 3-4 A.M.? Is the supper Regular enough? The two insulins generally work much better when given separately at the evening than mixing Regular and NPH into a single injection before supper.