From Michigan, USA:

I am a 41 year old female, and have had diabetes Type 2 for sometime now. In the last 3 months my A1c has been 7.7. I am presently taking Rezulin and Amaryl (medications for Type 2 diabetes). My doctor wants to put me on insulin soon. What do you think?

I think you have a doctor who is really on top of things! The UKPDS (The United Kingdom Prospective Diabetes Study) showed that people with Type 2 diabetes with a HbA1c of 7 compared to 7.9 had much better outcomes (25% reduction in diabetes related deaths, etc.).

Posted to Type 2