From Johannesburg South Africa:

I am a mother of a 9 month old baby, and not for diabetic reasons but for other health reasons I have to exclude sugar from my diet. My baby is breastfed and I want to know what artificial sweeteners I can use safely with regard to my baby's health as well as to my own.

I have looked into this as much as possible and it seems as though the sweeteners on the market are safe for babies of moms who are breastfeeding, but I would use moderation. For example plain water would be preferred over several cans of artificially sweetened sodas.