Question:

From Tennessee, USA:

I'm looking for alternative therapies/treatment for the onset of adult type 1 diabetes, where a healthy pancreas just stops working completely, anything available, herbal/vitamin, etc. to start production of insulin again

Answer:

I'm going to have to suggest that you reassess your situation about trying to get insulin production restarted in early Type 1 (autoimmune) diabetes. In this situation, there is progressive destruction of the beta cells that make insulin, and there aren't any herbs, vitamins, minerals, or alternative therapies that can stop the process.

There are large-scale scientific studies underway (such as the DPT-1) that are evaluating possible ways to prevent diabetes, but that's in high-risk individuals who don't yet have the diagnosis.

WWQ

Posted to Alternative Therapies and Explanations