From Sydney, Australia:

I have had three appointments with my gynecologist, who, because of severe vaginal fungal infection that would not clear up, did some blood tests and tells me that I am "borderline" diabetic. What should I do to stave off the full onset of diabetes?

You can certainly do many things to improve your diabetes status. First, you need to know the numbers! What does your doctor mean by "borderline"? If your blood glucose is over 126 mg/dl fasting (first thing in the morning before eating) or over 200 mg/dl 2 hours after eating, your diabetes is not borderline. You will probably want to talk to your primary care physician and start monitoring your blood glucose and then talk to a dietitian and diabetes educator to learn how you can manage your blood glucose with meal planning and exercise.