From Ames Iowa, USA:

My niece is 8 years old. Recently, upon waking, her blood sugar was tested and found to be in the normal range. She began to get dressed for the day. The usual quick breakfast was prepared by her mother. A minute went by. She was called to eat only to be found passed out on her bed.

I am not sure what you are asking exactly. It sounds as though your niece with diabetes had a severe hypoglycemic episode. When unconsciousness or seizure from hypoglycemia occur, then glucagon is used. The child should also be placed on her side to prevent choking if she vomits. When alert and able, carbohydrate-containing drinks and foods should be given. For more specific information, speak to the parents of your niece. If you wish to learn more about hypoglycemia, read the information at this website, and speak to your niece's health care provider.