I am 18 year old and have type 1 diabetes which was diagnosed 7 years back. I take 30 units of insulin in morning and 20 units in the evening (30/70). My sugar is uncontrolled.

• Is the only way to control the blood sugar by insulin or are there other ways?
  • How long will I have to depend upon insulin in the light of latest research studies?
  • What should be the normal daily routine activities?

At present, insulin is the only drug that can be used to treat Type 1 diabetes. You should concentrate on establishing a routine of taking your insulin at consistent times, eating regularly and sensibly and watching your blood sugars -- adjusting your insulin according to the instructions your doctor gave you. Everyone is different and it may be that your lifestyle would be better suited to a different insulin regimen, for example, shots 4 times a day. Discuss this with your doctor. You will find lots of advice about the routine of diabetes on this website and you may also check out