Question:

From Panama:

I just got a test today of my 4 year old twins, one of them was rated 99 in glucose and the other 114. The last one some months ago was urinating very often, now always want a snack even after being full of lunch or dinner when he was younger he didn't like water now he does. My mother is type 2 diabetic. I'm very afraid he is at risk of developing it so young.

Answer:

If the glucose was fasting, it is high. Can you do some glucoses at home with a meter? You need to know where he is during the day. However, a fasting glucose must be 126 on two occasions measured in the lab before you can call it diabetes. Have you had glycohemoglobin or antibodies tested?