Question:

From Silver City, New Mexico, USA:

My sister-in-law currently injects insulin. I think she could benefit from an insulin pump. How does she go about obtaining one? What is the cost of such a device?

Answer:

Your sister's diabetes care provider should have booklets and videos for her to review. It would be important for her to learn all she can prior to choosing to pursue insulin pump therapy. It is also very important to review the advantages and disadvantages of insulin pump therapy with her diabetes care provider.

The two leading insulin pumps in the US are MiniMed and Disetronic.

To learn more about their pumps, and pumping in general, you and your sister-in-law can visit their websites.

Posted to Insulin Pumps