From Wisconsin, USA:

I have a 5 year old with type 1. She has had diabetes since she was two. Every so often, she will tell me her heart is beeping. When I feel her chest her heart is just pounding. Is this associated with diabetes or is it something else? So far all I have been told is her heart beat seems to be fine but it never happens in the doctor's office.

Make sure you discuss this with her doctor for evaluation. With respect to diabetes in a child, a fast heartbeat or feeling of palpitations could possibly be from a low blood glucose or rapid drop in the blood glucose level.