Question:

From Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA:

Why does is feel like my body wants to shut down someday? My sugar levels are real high or real low.

Answer:

If your blood sugars are fluctuating from very high to very low, it can make you feel rather lousy. It can also affect your mood and your ability to concentrate.

It is very important that you contact your diabetes team and work with them on ways to smooth out the fluctuations in your blood sugars. You will feel much better. Also, if you are feeling like diabetes is just taking up too much of your time and energy, your diabetes team may be able to recommend some therapists for you to contact who can help you work through these difficult times.

JWB