From Phoenix, Arizona, USA:

When you take your daily glucose readings they are stored in memory on the meter. However, you should also keep a written log for quick reference and backup. Are there any other types of glucose log/dairies available other than the ones issued by the manufactures or the drug companies? These do not allow for enough space to record, extra readings or notes for diet or illnesses. I would like to find something that is convenient and can be carried with you or with your glucose meter.

There are many types of paper diaries for recording blood glucose readings. Check with your local pharmacist, or try My Other Checkbook from the Diabetes Mall.

You can also try one of the many computer programs that download meter data and display the readings as graphs and charts.

Additional comments from Dr. Lebinger:

I find that many patients like to design their own logs based on their own schedule and specific issues and the way their physician likes to see the information displayed. I have many patients who design their own logs on the computer and print them out (but you have to enter everything in manually unless you are very sophisticated and get the information from the meter companies how to transfer data from the meters into your own database.) Many people either fax or email these logs to look at either in a Microsoft Office WORD or Excel Chart.