From Beverly, Massachusetts, USA:

Has anyone used the [brand name deleted] lancets? How do they compare to the others that have been rated? Unfortunately my insurance provider will only pay for this one brand of lancets. I've had problems in the past with lancets that carve up my fingers to the point of pain.

Most people with diabetes and the supply companies continue on the pursuit of a painless lancing device. My patients are experimenting with new devices all the time!

Most diabetes educators have samples of the various types of lancing devices and could supply you with one to try. If you don't currently have a diabetes educator on your diabetes team, you can call 1-800-TEAM UP 4 for one in your area.

Additional comments from The Editor:

See our review of lancets and lancing devices.